Die Cut Stickers - More Useful Information
What most people mean when they say die-cut is a sticker with a unique shape. However, die-cut stickers can be almost any kind of sticker type. The term "die cut" refers to how the stickers are cut. Below we'll cover the details of the 2 most popular type of die-cut stickers.
Custom printed die cut stickers come in two types:
- Digital Die-Cut Stickers: These are the least expensive, quickest to produce, and offer the best color reproduction. Protected with UV resistant lamination. Ships in 1-2 days.
- Silkscreen Die-Cut Stickers: This type of die-cut sticker is the most durable, yet costs more and takes longer to produce. Protected with UV resistant inks. Ships in 10 days.
Digital Die-Cut Stickers
- White or Clear Premium Sticker Material made from BOPP (bi-axially oriented polypropylene, scientific term for flexible plastic)
- UV Lamination is a great way to protect your stickers against abrasion and fading.
- Custom shapes at no additional cost. We cut our digital die-cut stickers with lasers!
- Digital Prints in wonderful 4-color process, which is great for gradients of colors and shading and complex color combinations.
- Individually sheeted with slightly oversized back liners for protection.
- Really small sizes less than 1.5" finish on rolls with perforations. This makes them easy to store and dispense.
- Durable! Can be used indoors or outdoors with fade durability of up to 12 months.
- These stickers have a 1 or 2 business day Production Time
Silkscreen Die-Cut Stickers
- Can be printed on a thick white or yellow vinyl material.
- Lamination is a great way to protect against abrasion, some solvents, oil, gasoline and some acids.
- Fancy Adhesive Options:
- Super Sticky. Super-tac adhesive available – has an immediate and permanent tack when applied
- Kinda Sticky. Ultra-tac adhesive available – has a high initial tack and strong ultimate bond.
- Removable adhesive available – low tack and is completely removable with no adhesive residue. Great for skins!
- We can match spot colors including Pantone colors using UV inks.
- These stickers print using a lower line screen (35-65 lines per inch). Which means that silkscreen printing is not a great way to print shadows or gradients of color. The best silkscreen stickers utilize solid colors.
- These stickers finish as individual stickers with the back liners cut to the shape of the finished sticker and a crack-n-peel liner, or split back liner.
- Fancy back printing options and custom shaped die-cuts available with a small additional cost.
- Usually these stickers print in 4-5 business days.
- Super Durable! They can be used indoors or outdoors with a durability of 3-4 years
- Great for bumper stickers, car windows, store-front windows.