Catalyze CU, the University of Colorado Boulder accelerator, will be celebrating their fourth cohort of participants. They printed up a classic circle sticker of their logo that features the black and gold colors of the CU Buffs and a laboratory theme using a beaker representing the many ideas that bubble up in their accelerator.
Catalyze is CU-Boulder’s eight-week summer startup accelerator designed for students and faculty. Catalyze CU combines world class mentoring and equity-free grants with promising ideas and technologies. There were almost 50 applications submitted, and the following eight candidates will make their way to Demo Day pitches on Thursday, July 27th at 6pm at the Canyon Gallery and Theater. Check out the list of these aspiring teams that will give five-minute business pitches.
- Give & Go Automates the film editing process for sports teams & coaches, making it 72x faster than current methods
- Glimpse Allows users to explore the world using a social app while supporting local residents
- Myra Makes Inspires future problem solvers by creating fun products with adventure-based challenges
- Pastificio Produces traditional artisanal Italian pasta using organic and heirloom whole grains
- ReForm Makes a novel, low-cost adjustable prosthetic socket for lower limb amputees
- The Space Research Company Provides easier access to basic space research using a small satellite biological research platform
- Specdrums Creates a collaborative musical experience with a device that allows you to tap on different colors to produce sound
- Very Important Teacher (VIT) Allows parents and businesses to recognize teachers using gifts and rewards
Currently in its fourth year, the program for university-affiliated companies is hosted out of the Idea Forge, a cross-disciplinary design and innovation space on campus housed in the College of Engineering and Applied Science. Interested companies apply, interview and are accepted to be part of Catalyze CU. The selected groups then receive structured programming, access to network of mentors and $4,000 in equity-free funding to develop their businesses.
Also, check out a special event with Bill Aulet, Director of the Martin Trust Center for Entrepreneurship at MIT, and Brad Feld, entrepreneur and venture capitalist. They will be hosting a fireside chat on Wednesday July 26, 2017 at 10:30- noon in Visual Arts Complex (VAC) 1B20 on campus to talk all about university entrepreneurship.
StickerGiant is proud to sponsor for the third year in a row, and you can read about Catalyze CU Demo Day 2016 and Accelerating With Catalyze CU from the 2015 edition. Past successes of the CU Boulder accelerator program include Shinesty, Mallinda, Kitables, JustLegal (formerly Congo), Stateless (who moved on to be in the Techstars accelerator) and HiveTech Solutions.