Details About Silkscreen Printed Vinyl Stickers
Silkscreen Printing is an ancient method of printing. Although it is ancient, the technology surrounding this method of printing has steadily evolved for 2000 years since it was invented in China. This video shows how it is done. StickerGiant has a another page all about silkscreen printing.
- Wide variety of vinyl stocks available including standard white vinyl and bright road-sign-yellow vinyl.
- Over-lamination is an option for added surface protection against abrasion, some solvents, oil, gasoline and some acids.
- Super-tac adhesive is available. This adhesive is specialized for heavy duty applications. Super-tac adhesive has an immediate and permanent tack when applied, great for super permanent applications.
- Ultra-tac adhesive is also available. This unique adhesive has a high initial tack and strong ultimate bond. These work well on powder-coated surfaces, yet comes off with traditional sticker and label removal techniques.
- Silkscreen looks best when printed using spot colors. We have standard silkscreen spot colors designed to eliminate the cost of Pantone color matching, (or PMS) which is also available.
- All silkscreen printed stickers and labels use very durable UV resistant inks for extreme applications demanding extreme durability.
- Silkscreen printing utilizes a lower line screen (35-65 lines per inch), is not a great way to print delicate shadows or fine gradients of color, silkscreen is definately looks best when solid colors are used.
- Silkscreen stickers always finish as individual stickers with the back liners cut to the shape of the finished sticker and a crack-n-peel (or split back) liner.
- Back printing and custom shapes are available at an additional cost.
- Silkscreen stickers are typically produced with a 4-5 business day production turnaround.
- Silkscreen is known for its potential durability of 3-4 years
- Best when used for outdoor applications like bumper stickers, car windows, store-front windows.