Die Cut Stickers vs. Kiss Cut Stickers
What are the differences between Die Cut Stickers & Kiss Cut Stickers?
The main difference between these two popular sticker options, comes down to how the sticker is finished on it's backing. A Die Cut Sticker will be laser cut completely through the backing of the sticker, so all you see is the custom shape and sticker design. Kiss Cut Stickers are also digitally printed, and laser cut, just with a slightly lighter touch, which leaves a slightly visible backing.
Both the Die Cut and Kiss Cut Stickers are digitally printed on white polypropylene, for a durable product you can stick just about anywhere. Choose from glossy or matte laminations and always get free custom shapes and full color printing with both Die Cut and Kiss Cut Stickers. In fact, if you were to print the same design in a Die Cut Sticker or a Kiss Cut Sticker, once peeled from the backing both of your stickers would look the same. To help you decide between these popular choices, we've outlined some of the key differences below.
Differences Between Die Cut & Kiss Cut Stickers
About Die Cut Stickers
The key feature of a Die Cut Sticker is how the backing of the sticker aligns exactly with the shape and size of the sticker itself. The crack and peel design of the backing, makes Die Cut Stickers easy to apply, display on a countertop, or toss into a bag alongside a customer's purchase. Die Cut Stickers from StickerGiant are also available in your choice of a glossy or matte finish.
Ordering Your Die Cut Stickers
- Choose your preferred finish of either glossy or matte lamination.
- Sticker backing is always cut to the edges of your custom sticker shape.
- Custom shapes are one of our specialties in Die Cut Stickers.
- Die Cut Stickers are stacked and shrink wrapped for delivery so your stickers arrive ready for display or handing out at your next event!
- The custom shape of your Die Cut Sticker should be larger than 1" x 1". If your custom design is smaller than this, our Kiss Cut Stickers will be perfect for you!
About Kiss Cut Stickers
The custom shapes of our Kiss Cut Stickers are all laser cut, just with a slightly lighter touch than that of our Die Cut Stickers. This means your custom shaped sticker will peel from the backing smoothly, and also that you will see a small amount of the backing framing your sticker.
Ordering Your Kiss Cut Stickers
- In general, our Kiss Cut Stickers will be stacked and shrinkwrapped for delivery, making sure your stickers are ready to share, as soon as you open the box!
- Kiss Cut Stickers can also be finished on a roll, just let us know when you place your order. Rolled stickers are ideal for machine application purposes.
- If your custom sticker design is smaller than 2 x 2 inches, our Kiss Cut Stickers are a great choice for you.
SIMILARITIES BETWEEN DIE CUT STICKERS & KISS CUT STICKERS
Both Die Cut and Kiss Cut Stickers are finished with a UV lamination for outdoor durability and resistance to fading.
We offer custom shapes for all of our Die Cut and Kiss Cut Stickers.
We can match 95% of Pantone colors very closely on all of our digitally printed Die Cut or Kiss Cut Stickers.
All Die Cut and Kiss Cut Stickers come with rounded corners. This means you can peel and apply your stickers easily, and once applied the corners will not roll up.