Business Operations Analyst
The Business Operations Analyst is responsible for using and compiling available data to answer questions and inform how StickerGiant solves current business problems and makes decisions. The detailed work you do today continuously informs the strategy and vision you create and maintain for new analytics capabilities and services that will support the company today and in the future. You gather sets of data, conduct research, and analyze the information to reach actionable conclusions. Your ability to present the summary of your analyses in creative ways to ensure the information is understood. Your favorite challenges are the ones that tap your innate analytical thinking skills to find answers to business questions and discover patterns in data that show where the company or a department can improve and/or grow now and in the future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and maintain analytical approaches that serve as a framework for analyzing and tackling complicated business problems, identifying business trends/opportunities, building business cases, and performing profitability analysis
- Work collaboratively across departments to create a strategy for data analytics capabilities, identify KPIs to monitor business operations, and provide answers to important business questions, including actionable information
- Plan, build, and operationalize processes that ensure timely data loading and a high level of data quality for information used in the analysis
- Evaluate organizational methods and provide source-to-target mappings and information-model specification documents for data sets
- Establish and operate governance over business data, including identifying sources of truth/systems of record for business information, security, and metadata
- Educate stakeholders on data availability, insights gained from data interpretations available information, and how to use available tools
- Use reports, graphs, infographics, and other methods to visualize information to communicate findings and recommendations based on data analysis completed
- Fulfill ad hoc data and report requests from internal customers to inform business decisions
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, technology, economics, statistics, data science, or related field (not required)
- Experience with quantification, relational databases, or predictive modeling/analytics
- 5+ years experience in a data analysis role, preferably leading data analytics projects
- Experience with continuous improvement processes or methodologies (e.g. Lean)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITY
- Reporting and data visualization skills using various tools (e.g. spreadsheets, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills that lend themselves to inventive solutions that provide direct business value
- Ability to assess, troubleshoot, and improve the quality of data obtained and used in the analysis
- Ability to manage and translate data sets and models, including experience with managing large data sets
- Outstanding spreadsheet skills (Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel)
- Ability to document data processing methods, decisions, and approaches for knowledge sharing within the team and across the company
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt this skill for different audiences or situations
- Ability to coordinate or manage projects with small, cross-functional teams
- Experience in setting and executing strategic initiatives in conjunction with company leadership teams
- Ability to develop and manage data models and algorithms in support of analytical efforts
- Ability to self-manage short-term and tactical analysis projects from inception to completion
- Proficiency in work tracking software such as Asana, Jira, Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Duties require standing/walking throughout some of the work day, based on project needs
- Able to lift 10 lbs. continuously and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, bending, overhead reaching, fine hand manipulation (i.e. grasping and gripping)
POSITION SCHEDULE DETAILS
- Full-time position (40 hours/week)
- Monday - Friday, occasional weekend work based on project needs
- This position will require on-site work based on project needs, please inquire for more information
BENEFITS & PERKS
- 100% company-paid employee premiums for health, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance.
- Company covers a portion of healthcare costs for dependents (spouse, child, and domestic partner). Affordable dental coverage offered.
- 3 weeks PTO + 9 paid holidays + 6 paid sick days
- 401(k) matching 100% up to 2% of your contribution + guaranteed 3% regardless of your contribution (total of 5% company contribution)
- “Gainshare” bonus program: Each quarter we provide a bonus to all employees IF the company exceeds plan numbers for profit.
- Professional Development: We provide opportunities for attending conferences, obtaining and/or renewing certifications, and participating in workshops and will tailor-make your career development plan with you
Salary Range: $65,000.00 To 85,000.00 Annually
We care a great deal about creating an environment where all Giants can bring their whole selves to work and to provide all candidates with an equitable, inclusive and accessible recruitment process in alignment with our values. At StickerGiant, we provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, national origin, citizenship status, political opinion, social group, ethnic origin, marital status, union affiliation, union sympathy, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all conditions of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. If you prefer accommodation during the recruiting process, or you have feedback about your candidate experience at StickerGiant, please contact the Director of People+Culture.