Business Operations Analyst
StickerGiant provides high-quality stickers and labels, fast turnaround, and excellent customer service to our customers. Our humble mission is to help people tell their story. Our customers count on us for continuous high-quality products, services, and speed. We value employees who are fully committed to StickerGiant, competent and accountable to their team, and bring their best every day. We run our company using Open Book Management practices which allows our employees to see, experience, and take ownership of our shared success together.
The Business Operations Analyst is responsible for using and compiling available data to answer questions and inform how StickerGiant solves current business problems and makes decisions. The detailed work you do today continuously informs the strategy and vision you create and maintain for new analytics capabilities and services that will support the company in the future. You gather simple and complex sets of data, conduct research, and analyze the information to reach actionable conclusions. Your ability to present the summary of your analyses in creative ways to ensure the information is understood is one of your greatest gifts. Your favorite challenges are the ones that tap your innate analytical thinking skills to find answers to business questions and discover patterns in data that show where the company or a department can improve and/or grow now and in the future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with business leaders to analyze data and identify KPIs to monitor operations and provide answers to important business questions, including actionable information
- Work collaboratively across departments to create a strategy for data analytics capabilities and services to evolve and support the company
- Use reports, graphs, infographics, and other methods to visualize information to communicate findings and recommendations based on data analysis completed
- Develop, implement, and maintain analytical approaches that serve as a framework for analyzing and tackling complicated business problems, identifying business trends or opportunities, and building business cases
- Fulfill ad hoc data and report requests from internal customers to inform business decisions
- Shape business data infrastructure strategy, including data warehousing, analytics methods, reporting/visualization tools/methods, and analytics platforms
- Evaluate, implement, and own data analytics tools/platforms and data integrations that support company operations and decision making (with support from IT team resources, as needed)
- Educate stakeholders on data availability, insights that can be gained from that information, interpretation of data, and how to use tools available
- Establish and operate governance over business data, including identifying sources of truth/systems of record for business information, security, and metadata
- Plan, build, and operationalize processes that ensure timely data loading and a high level of data quality for information used in the analysis
- Evaluate organizational methods and provide source-to-target mappings and information-model specification documents for data sets
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, technology, economics, statistics, or related field
- Experience with quantification, relational databases, or predictive modeling/analytics
- 5+ years experience in a data analysis role
- 3+ years experience in leading data analytics projects
- Experience with establishing data governance and identifying data sources of truth/systems of record
- Experience with continuous improvement process or methodologies (e.g. Lean)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITY
- Demonstrated analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills that lend themselves to inventive solutions
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning, and transformation techniques for data sets of varying size and quality
- Knowledge of statistical methods and their use in providing high-quality information
- Reporting and data visualization skills using various tools (e.g. spreadsheets, Tableau, Kibana)
- Outstanding spreadsheet skills (Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel)
- Skills in languages/platforms such as SQL, Microsoft DAX/Power BI, Kibana, Tableau, etc.
- Ability to assess, troubleshoot, and improve the quality of data obtained and used in the analysis
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt those skills for different audiences or situation
- Ability to coordinate or manage projects with small, cross-functional teams
- Experience in setting and executing strategic initiatives in conjunction with company leadership teams
- Ability to document data processing methods, decisions, and approaches for knowledge sharing within the team and across the company
- Ability to develop and manage data models and algorithms in support of analytical efforts
- Ability to self-manage short-term/tactical analysis projects from inception to completion
- Ability to manage and translate data sets and models, including experience with relational databases and large data sets.
- Proficiency in work tracking software such as Asana, Jira, Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Bonus points:
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. Stata, SAS, SPSS)
- Experience with Python or ETL frameworks (e.g. Informatica)
- Duties require standing/walking throughout some of the workday, based on project needs
- Able to lift 10 lbs. continuously and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, bending, overhead reaching, fine hand manipulation (i.e. grasping and gripping)
POSITION SCHEDULE DETAILS
- Full-time position
- Monday - Friday (40 hours/week)
- Occasional weekend work, based on various project needs
- This position may require on-site work, please inquire for more information
BENEFITS & PERKS
- 100% company-paid employee premiums for health, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance.
- Company covers a portion of healthcare costs for dependents (spouse, child, and domestic partner). Affordable dental coverage offered.
- 3 weeks PTO + 9 paid holidays + 6 paid sick days
- 401(k) matching 100% up to 2% of your contribution + guaranteed 3% regardless of your contribution (total of 5% company contribution)
- “Gainshare” bonus program: Each quarter we provide a bonus to all employees IF the company exceeds plan numbers for profit.
- Professional Development: We provide opportunities for attending conferences, obtaining and/or renewing certifications, and participating in workshops and will tailor-make your career development plan with you
Salary Range: $65,000.00 To $78,000.00 Annually
STICKERGIANT WORKING CONDITIONS - COVID19
- StickerGiant is considered an essential business and we are committed to providing a happy, healthy, and safe working environment for our Giants (i.e. employees)
- We have addressed risks proactively which includes: prioritizing critical operations, communicating with employees and customers regarding all business changes, adhering to proper/recurring cleaning procedures, enforcing social distancing, and the proper use of protective clothing and equipment (provided to all employees by StickerGiant), implementing teleworking where possible, and keep informed status locally
- This position will possibly require on-site work, please inquire for more information
We care a great deal about creating an environment where all Giants can bring their whole selves to work and to provide all candidates with an equitable, inclusive, and accessible recruitment process in alignment with our values. At StickerGiant, we provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, national origin, citizenship status, political opinion, social group, ethnic origin, marital status, union affiliation, union sympathy, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all conditions of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. If you prefer accommodation during the recruiting process, or you have feedback about your candidate experience at StickerGiant, please contact the Director of People+Culture.