Laser Operator - 1st Shift
StickerGiant is an essential business that provides high-quality stickers and labels, fast turnaround, and excellent customer service. Our mission is to create a good company to work for which leads to happy, healthy Giants. We are guided by our values; All In, Grow & Learn, Positive Energy. We value and embrace the diversity of identities, experiences, thoughts, needs, and approaches. We communicate frequently and transparently which allows our employees to see, experience, and take ownership of our shared success together.
The Laser Operator's primary focus is to deliver digital printing expertise on a large scale. You are a creative problem-solver who never tires with the thrill of getting things just right to make a high-quality product. Your mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills are your strengths, but you also love to learn and share your knowledge with others. Staying positive, going the extra mile, and thinking up better ways to do things all come naturally to you.
*This position begins as a temporary-to-hire that is intended to convert between 30-90 working days. Please inquire for more information.*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver daily output and volume of custom stickers and labels following the Digital Print process
- Set up and operate laser cutting equipment
- Complete job order intake paperwork, job tracking, and accurate frame counts
- Understand and produce customer job order instructions and specifications
- Review all proofs and final product samples produced
- Maintain quality and manufacturing standards in accordance with company practices
- Conduct routine press maintenance, troubleshoot issues, mechanical problems, and color variance
- Cross-train other team members on the machine as knowledge advances
- Learn to operate multiple machines within the Manufacturing workflow to deepen team capacity
- Maintain a safe workplace by following safety rules, use safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to Safety Team and/or your Manufacturing Supervisor
- Observe, gather data, and suggest ideas for continuous improvement
- Actively participate in department meetings (L10)
- Embrace and demonstrate StickerGiant core values of All In, Competent, Positive Energy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
- Completion of High School education or equivalent
- 2-3 years of digital printing press operator experience for large-scale printing applications
- Digital printing machine operation experience preferred
- Attention to detail related to product quality and machine process quality
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
- Aptitude for mechanical operation, manufacturing processes, and procedures
- Basic math skills and superb attention to detail and product quality
- Excellent attendance and punctuality - accurately record work time on a daily basis
- Interest and ability to grow professionally with support from StickerGiant
- Duties require standing (except breaks and lunch) throughout working shift for 8 to 12 hours
- Able to use a computer, keyboard, phone
- Able to lift 10 lbs. continuously and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Frequent walking, grasping, gripping, and fine hand manipulation
- Visual acuity at short distances - able to detect variances in orders and cut marks
- Occasional climbing, stooping, bending, and overhead reaching
POSITION SCHEDULE DETAILS
- Full-time position
- Monday - Friday (40 hours/week)
- 1st Shift hours include: 5am-1pm (includes 1-hour break) or 5am-12pm (no break)
- Overtime is NOT required but is available upon request
BENEFITS & PERKS (once you are converted as a full-time permanent employee):
- 100% company-paid employee premiums for health, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance.
- Company covers a portion of healthcare costs for dependents (spouse, child, and domestic partner). Affordable dental coverage offered.
- 2-3 weeks PTO + 9 paid holidays + 6 paid sick days
- 401(k) matching 100% up to 2% of your contribution + guaranteed 3% regardless of your contribution (total of 5% company contribution)
- “Gainshare” bonus program: Each quarter we provide a bonus to all employees IF the company exceeds plan numbers for profit.
- Professional Development: We provide opportunities for attending conferences, obtaining and/or renewing certifications, and participating in workshops and will tailor-make your career development plan with you
Salary Range: $16.50 To $19.00 Hourly
STICKERGIANT WORKING CONDITIONS - COVID19
- StickerGiant is considered an essential business and we are committed to providing a happy, healthy, and safe working environment for our Giants (i.e. employees)
- We have addressed risks proactively which includes: prioritizing critical operations, communicating with employees and customers regarding all business changes, adhering to proper/recurring cleaning procedures, enforcing social distancing and the proper use of protective clothing and equipment (provided to all employees by StickerGiant), implementing teleworking where possible, and keep informed status locally
- This position will require in-person/on-site work, please inquire for more information
We care a great deal about creating an environment where all Giants can bring their whole selves to work and to provide all candidates with an equitable, inclusive and accessible recruitment process in alignment with our values. At StickerGiant, we provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, national origin, citizenship status, political opinion, social group, ethnic origin, marital status, union affiliation, union sympathy, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all conditions of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. If you prefer accommodation during the recruiting process, or you have feedback about your candidate experience at StickerGiant, please contact the Director of People+Culture.