Laser Operator - All Shifts!
The Laser Operator's primary focus is to deliver digital printing expertise at a large scale. You are a creative problem-solver who never tires with the thrill of getting things just right to make a high-quality product. Your mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills are your strengths, but you also love to learn and share your knowledge with others. Staying positive, going the extra mile, and thinking up better ways to do things all come naturally to you.
*This position begins as a temporary-to-hire that is intended to convert between 30-90 working days. Please inquire for more information.*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver daily output and volume of custom stickers and labels following the Digital Print process
- Set up and operate laser die cutting equipment
- Complete job order intake paperwork, job tracking and accurate frame counts
- Understand and produce customer job order instructions and specifications
- Review all proofs and final product samples produced
- Maintain quality and manufacturing standards in accordance with company practices
- Conduct routine laser maintenance, troubleshoot issues, mechanical problems and color variance
- Cross-train other team members on laser die cutting machine
- Learn to operate multiple machines within Manufacturing workflow to deepen team capacity
- Maintain a safe workplace by following safety rules, use safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to Safety Team and/or your Manufacturing Supervisor
- Observe, gather data and suggest ideas for continuous improvement
- Actively participate in department meetings (L10)
- Embrace and demonstrate StickerGiant core values of All In, Competent, Positive Energy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
- Completion of High School education or equivalent
- 2-3 years digital printing press operator experience for large-scale printing applications
- Digital printing machine operation experience preferred
- Attention to detail related to product quality and machine process quality
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Aptitude for mechanical operation, manufacturing processes and procedures
- Basic math skills and superb attention to detail and product quality
- Excellent attendance and punctuality - accurately record work time on a daily basis
- Interest and ability to grow professionally with support from StickerGiant
- Duties require frequent standing throughout working shift for 8 to 12 hours
- Ability to read and interpret order sheets and other documents
- Able to lift 10 lbs. continuously and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, bending and overhead reaching
- Frequent walking
- Fine hand manipulation, grasping and gripping
POSITION SCHEDULE DETAILS
- Full-time (40 hours/week)
- Monday - Friday
- 1st Shift hours include: 5am-1pm (includes 1-hour break) or 5am-12pm (no break)
- 2nd Shift hours include: 12pm-9pm (includes 1-hour break) or 1pm-9pm (no break)
- Shift differential available for the 2nd and overnight shifts, apply for more information
- Overtime is NOT required but is available upon request
- This position will require in-person/on-site work, please inquire
Salary Range: $17.00 To $19.00 Hourly
BENEFITS & PERKS (once converted to a permanent employee)
- 100% company-paid employee premiums for health, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance.
- Company covers a portion of healthcare costs for dependents (spouse, child, and domestic partner). Affordable dental coverage offered.
- 2 weeks PTO + 9 paid holidays + 6 paid sick days
- 401(k) matching 100% up to 2% of your contribution + guaranteed 3% regardless of your contribution (total of 5% company contribution)
- “Gainshare” bonus program: Each quarter we provide a bonus to all employees IF the company exceeds plan numbers for profit.
- Professional Development: We provide opportunities for attending conferences, obtaining and/or renewing certifications, and participating in workshops and will tailor-make your career development plan with you
STICKERGIANT WORKING CONDITIONS - COVID19
- StickerGiant is considered an essential business and we are committed to providing a happy, healthy, and safe working environment for our Giants (i.e. employees)
- We have addressed risks proactively which includes: prioritizing critical operations, communicating with employees and customers regarding all business changes, adhering to proper/recurring cleaning procedures, enforcing social distancing and the proper use of protective clothing and equipment (provided to all employees by StickerGiant), implementing teleworking where possible, and keep informed status locally
- This position will require in-person/on-site work, please inquire for more information
We care a great deal about creating an environment where all Giants can bring their whole selves to work and to provide all candidates with an equitable, inclusive and accessible recruitment process in alignment with our values. At StickerGiant, we provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, national origin, citizenship status, political opinion, social group, ethnic origin, marital status, union affiliation, union sympathy, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all conditions of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. If you prefer accommodation during the recruiting process, or you have feedback about your candidate experience at StickerGiant, please contact the Director of People+Culture.