Manufacturing Assistant - Multiple Shifts (Shift Differential)
The Manufacturing Assistant is a multifaceted role that is responsible for assisting in the maintenance, upkeep, and the rest of the StickerGiant manufacturing line. This will likely include taking on additional aspects of the manufacturing cycle. Speed, accuracy, and quality are your passions, but especially your ability to support the team and adapt to changes in work volume. Being a supportive member of a team and being “All In” come naturally to you.
*This position begins as a temporary-to-hire that is intended to convert between 30-90 working days. Please inquire for more information.*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a clean, well-organized, and debris-free facility at all times
- Support facility security including preparing for fire inspections and making improvements where necessary
- Assist with trash and pallet disposal
- Assist with all material organization, stock, and storage of a variety of machines
- Assist with transition of job orders between stations
- Assist with upkeep and organization of the waiting racks
- Support material inventory and ordering process
- Perform quality control inspections
- Offer ideas for continuous improvement within the manufacturing process
- Cross-train on other printing machinery as needed and develop the capacity to support other team members in manufacturing during your downtime
- Maintain clean workstations at all times
- Cross-collaboration with other teams and departments
- Help prioritize workflow to ensure optimal daily efficiency and productivity
- Check all job order notes and ensure all jobs ship complete and accurate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
- Completion of High School education or equivalent
- Proficient with mechanical operation, manufacturing processes, and procedures
- Superb attention to detail, product quality, and safety procedures
- Duties require standing (except breaks and lunch) throughout working shift for 8 to 12 hours
- Able to use a computer, keyboard, phone
- Able to lift 10 lbs. continuously and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Frequent walking, grasping, gripping, and fine hand manipulation
- Visual acuity at short distances - able to detect variances in orders and cut marks
- Occasional climbing, stooping, bending, and overhead reaching
POSITION SCHEDULE DETAILS
- Full-time (40 hours/week)
- Monday - Friday
- 1st Shift hours include: 5am-1:30pm
- 2nd Shift hours include: 1pm-9:30pm (shift differential available)
- 3rd Shift hours include: 9pm-5:30am (shift differential available)
- Overtime is NOT required but is available upon request
- This position will require in-person/on-site work, please inquire
BENEFITS & PERKS (once converted these are the benefits offered)
- 100% company-paid employee premiums for health, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance.
- Company covers a portion of healthcare costs for dependents (spouse, child, and domestic partner). Affordable dental coverage offered.
- 2 weeks PTO + 9 paid holidays + 6 paid sick days
- 401(k) matching 100% up to 2% of your contribution + guaranteed 3% regardless of your contribution (total of 5% company contribution)
- “Gainshare” bonus program: Each quarter we provide a bonus to all employees IF the company exceeds plan numbers for profit.
- Professional Development: We provide opportunities for attending conferences, obtaining and/or renewing certifications, and participating in workshops and will tailor-make your career development plan with you
STICKERGIANT WORKING CONDITIONS - COVID19
- StickerGiant is considered an essential business and we are committed to providing a happy, healthy, and safe working environment for our Giants (i.e. employees)
- We have addressed risks proactively which includes: prioritizing critical operations, communicating with employees and customers regarding all business changes, adhering to proper/recurring cleaning procedures, enforcing social distancing and the proper use of protective clothing and equipment (provided to all employees by StickerGiant), implementing teleworking where possible, and keep informed status locally
- This position will require in-person/on-site work, please inquire for more information
Salary Range: $16.00 To 17.00 Hourly
We care a great deal about creating an environment where all Giants can bring their whole selves to work and to provide all candidates with an equitable, inclusive and accessible recruitment process in alignment with our values. At StickerGiant, we provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, national origin, citizenship status, political opinion, social group, ethnic origin, marital status, union affiliation, union sympathy, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all conditions of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. If you prefer accommodation during the recruiting process, or you have feedback about your candidate experience at StickerGiant, please contact the Director of People+Culture.