Rewind Operator at StickerGiant
The Rewind Operator serves as the final stage of manufacturing for stickers and labels finished on a roll prior to the packaging and shipping stages of customer orders. At times, you may be required to operate other manufacturing machinery and equipment (e.g. shrink wrap machine and packaging/shipping station). Speed, accuracy, and quality are your passions, but especially your ability to support the team and adapt to changes in order volume. Being a supportive member of a team and being “All In” come naturally to you.
*This position begins as a temporary-to-hire that is intended to convert between 30-90 working days. Please inquire for more information.*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate a tabletop label rewind machine including calibration, setup and daily cleaning
- Rewind a large daily volume of printed rolls for sticker and label products and count as needed
- Interpret job order details in order to properly set machine and finish rolls to customer specifications
- Assemble shipping packets and support shipping team with daily product workflow
- Perform quality control inspections and remove defective items
- Offer ideas for continuous improvement within the manufacturing process
- Cross-train on other printing machinery as needed and develop the capacity to support other team members in manufacturing
- Maintain a clean, tidy workstation at all times
- Cross-collaboration with other teams and departments
- Help prioritize workflow to ensure optimal daily efficiency and productivity
- Check all job order notes and ensure all jobs ship complete and accurate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
- Completion of High School education or equivalent
- Aptitude for mechanical operation and basic math skills
- Adhere to all safety procedures
- Superb attention to detail and product quality
- Excellent attendance and punctuality - accurately record work time on a daily basis
- Interest and ability to grow professionally with support from StickerGiant
- Duties require sitting at rewind station for majority of shift with occasional standing
- Visual acuity at short distances - able to detect variances in orders and cut marks
- Ability to read and interpret order sheets and other documents
- Able to lift 10 lbs. continuously and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, bending and overhead reaching
- Semi-frequent walking
- Fine hand manipulation, grasping and gripping
POSITION SCHEDULE DETAILS
- Full-time position
- Monday - Friday (40 hours/week)
- 1st Shift hours include: 5am-1pm (includes 1-hour break) or 5am-12pm (no break)
- Overtime is NOT required but is available upon request
Salary Range: $14.00 To $15.00 Hourly
BENEFITS & PERKS (once converted to a permanent employee)
- 100% company-paid employee premiums for health, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance.
- Company covers a portion of healthcare costs for dependents (spouse, child, and domestic partner). Affordable dental coverage offered.
- 2 weeks PTO + 9 paid holidays + 6 paid sick days
- 401(k) matching 100% up to 2% of your contribution + guaranteed 3% regardless of your contribution (total of 5% company contribution)
- “Gainshare” bonus program: Each quarter we provide a bonus to all employees IF the company exceeds plan numbers for profit.
- Professional Development: We provide opportunities for attending conferences, obtaining and/or renewing certifications, and participating in workshops and will tailor-make your career development plan with you
STICKERGIANT WORKING CONDITIONS - COVID19
- StickerGiant is considered an essential business and we are committed to providing a happy, healthy, and safe working environment for our Giants (i.e. employees)
- We have addressed risks proactively which includes: prioritizing critical operations, communicating with employees and customers regarding all business changes, adhering to proper/recurring cleaning procedures, enforcing social distancing and the proper use of protective clothing and equipment (provided to all employees by StickerGiant), implementing teleworking where possible, and keep informed status locally
- This position will require in-person/on-site work, please inquire for more information
We care a great deal about creating an environment where all Giants can bring their whole selves to work and to provide all candidates with an equitable, inclusive and accessible recruitment process in alignment with our values. At StickerGiant, we provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, national origin, citizenship status, political opinion, social group, ethnic origin, marital status, union affiliation, union sympathy, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all conditions of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. If you prefer accommodation during the recruiting process, or you have feedback about your candidate experience at StickerGiant, please contact the Director of People+Culture.
We are hiring for 1st and 2nd shifts, which are different work-hours during the day. Please see the options below.
1st Shift (Temp-to-Hire): 5am-1pm, Monday-Friday
2nd Shift (Indefinite Contract): 12pm-9pm, Monday-Friday