StickerGiant printed some WordCamp MidAtlantic 2009 stickers gratis this month to support the Word Press community.
So what do you get when you cross a bunch of Wordpress users and lovers of awesome looking stickers? WordCamp MidAtlantic 2009 of course ! We are looking to bring together the top talent and the most passionate users from around the entire Mid-Atlantic region for one intense day of training, learning and inspiration.
Over the recent past Wordpress has become a power to be reckoned with in the blogging community and itself has built an incredible following and community. People are passionate about their blogs and Wordpress allows them to express their passion in so many ways. We are so happy to have the founder of Wordpress, Matt Mullenweg, joining us to give the keynote. We are even going to be simulcasting his talk to another WrodCamp taking place the same weekend in Columbus, Ohio. The rest of the speaker lineup is taking shape with Anil Dash of SixApart giving the other main talk of the day.
As for the rest of the day ? It will be spent in breakout sessions that the attendees decide upon and of course we will be abiding by the BarCamp Ruleset
1. All attendees must be treated equally. Everyone is a rock star.
2. All content created must be released under a Creative Commons license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ or compatible license such as GPL.
3. All attendees must be allowed to participate. (subject to limitations of physical space, of course)
4. All sessions must obey the Law of 2 Feet - if youâ€™re not getting what you want out of the session, you can and should walk out and do something else.
5. The event must be WordPress focused - but may crossover to other aspects of new media, including podcasting, video, etc.
6. The financials of a WordCamp must be fully disclosed in an open ledger, except for any donor/sponsor who wishes to remain anonymous.
So if you are a Wordpress user or want to learn more you should head over right now and reserve your spot ! Tickets for the event are $25 and from the looks of it spots are filling up fast. We are also looking for some sponsors to help us make the event a memorable one. If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities shoot us an email at email@example.com. Of course we are totally excited to have the Sticker Giant team on board as an event sponsor, and check out the awesome stickers they have made for us HERE.
See you there !